Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Holiday and dieting

To all my Friends and Family that I care about who are having issues with the Holiday Season and dieting.
Here are a few suggestions to help you get through this wonderful time of indulgence. The Holidays only come around once per year, so enjoy it, but try not to over do it.
Give yourself time to burn off the Holiday goodies. No guilt trips needed or warranted. We all like to indulge from time to time, so do it and then try these 10 steps to help get you back on track:
1.Get back on track as soon as possible by eating fresh fruits and veggies,lean meats,lean cheeses. Try not to eat high sugar, food high in fat/bad carbs, fried foods, candy and soda.
Diet or zero calorie candy and soda is fine to a degree, but limit this as well. Try to eliminate all Alcohol beverages if you can, if you cannot do this,
cut way back until you can control your intake.
2.Get back into the gym, or start walking.  This is a good time of year to take advantage of all free gym classes you can find.
This includes yoga classes, new gym location specials, personal training specials, Zumba classes, Crossfit, Body Boot camp,
and other types of FREE classes that are offered. You don't have to pay a lot of $$ if I really want to take advantage of FREE physical education/exercise type classes.
The most you will pay is gas or parking to get there.
3.Take a friend or family member with you.
4.Set a personal goal and reward yourself when you reach your goal.
5.Drink plenty of water. They say 8 glasses a day. If you can pull this off good for you.
I cannot drink that much, so I drink as much as I can.
6.Try to tune out all negative energy. Positive thoughts. You can do this.
7.Just walk away, its okay not to eat everything in front of you.
8.Enjoy what ever it is you are doing. If you don't like a class or a particular workout routine, change it, just don't stop what you are doing.
9.Want to lose the weight that bad.
10.Remember, we lose one calorie at a time, one day at a time. YOU CAN DO IT.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog! Out of curiosity, what kind of workouts do you do and how do you measure the intensity? I'd love to see an example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonoymous,
    My workouts consist of Cardio, lifting weights, strength and resistance training. Yoga, some pilates. I measure my intensity on how easy I am flowing through my workouts. If I am flying on the cardio machine, I will up the resistance on it to 10 or higher. My crossramp is alreay at its highest of 20. I also love to Row, so I will get on a rowing machine 2x per week.I will add in extra weights on arms, back, legs, abdominal area. I will even try getting on new machines so I don't get bored. Every 12 weeks I take a class of Abdominal strenghning or pilates, yoga along with my cardio workouts. This year I am taking up running so I will be starting a whole new workout routine. I am in the process of a workout video. I will include the video when I am done.
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

The comment sections works now.