Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Time of Reflection

Time of Reflection.
As we put the past behind us to start yet again a new year, it’s good to put your life in perspective of what you want it to be. Weather its weight loss, starting a new career in a new state, taking a gym class, going to get your picture taken, going back to school, or just looking at YOU. Are you happy with your accomplishments this past year? Are you proud of who you are and what you have become? Do you know where you want your future to go? I used to think I had all the answers, but I don’t. I am not even close. 
I had two weeks off work to relax and spend some time with my family. I really enjoyed it, it wasn’t all pleasant, but what truly is. I work in a very stressful environment where no one ever says a kind word, or is thankful or grateful that I am even there, but I still continue to work in that environment due to money and stability.  I am thankful for everything I have. It was given to me by Gods Sweet Mercy, but can also be taken away as quickly as I obtained it. Being able to work in this environment that I am in is called strong or just plain stupid.  But either way, I have to remain strong and realize no one can take my power from me, and really reflect on what this job can provide me with in the end, not just a paycheck. This job makes me realize that I am important to others, to me, my family. I do matter and so do the people around me. I have made lots of mistakes on my job and in my life, but continue to learn and grow by all the mistakes I have made, or at least I am trying to lean by them. I will be taking back to work with me a much more positive attitude and a stronger outlook on life.  
I had a wonderful time with my Husband this holiday season and it makes me very grateful for him, his love, and all that he is, and he gives it all to me.  My Husband is not perfect by no means, but he tries to give me and our dogs the best life he knows how to give. My husband is very patient, giving, loving man and is nice to be around.
I have come to realize I don’t need all that other stuff.  I call it “Stuff” that I think I need. It was a temporary fix. What I do continue to need in my life is goodness, kindness, forgiveness, mercy, grace, love, these are the things I need not the other “stuff” I think I need.
I will continue to make 2011 the best year of my life. Happy New Year!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment sections works now.