Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting in the gym

Year 2003: The Gym: Twice a week only.
I joined the gym where I work and still continue to go to this day.  So after losing 65-70 lbs, It was time to get more serious and into the gym to burn more calories and tone up. I was starting to see results a bit, so it motivated me to keep going. Not truly realizing I was on my way to being the thinnest I had ever been in my life.  I had been going to gyms off and on throughout my life, but never stuck with it for more than a month or so. This time it was going to be different. I was not going to give up.  
I enrolled in an Abdominal Core Strengthening class; it’s like Pilates, twice a week. This is the class that really started it all for me. I learned how to breathe differently while exercising for the first time in my life. I had a chance at success I kept thinking to myself. I can do this. Lynn you can so this.  
We did pushups, sit ups, leg curls, leg lifts, cycling, scissors, jumping jacks, running, basic cardio, butt lifts, rowing, resistance bands, etc. The main focus of the class was your core.  I was very weak in the abdominal area and needed help to get me to the next level, which were the machines. I did this class for a year straight.  I loved this class so much that it inspired me to want to not only keep going, but to become a physical fitness instructor. I started to see results. After one year of this class I went from wearing a size 28 to 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment sections works now.